Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cooking Quest



I’m not a good cook so I did not put in on my field of interest but lately I have been working hard though :D. I am forced to cook since I live alone at Manila, I don’t want to eat instant food too often as they are not that healthy and I would like to have a healthy living. Aside from boiling water, cooking rice and frying all possible meat that can be fried I don’t have any specialty. However, since I have a partner in life I strive to cook some foods that can be counted as my specialty. He forces me to cook!!! XD
We spend our second year anniversary and I spent like 1 week on thinking on what to cook for him and I after constantly searching my easy cook recipe over the Internet I found an easy way of cooking Korean Beef Stew (courtesy of http://homecookingrocks.com ). I got excited because the ingredients are easy to find. In Ortigas Center there are many Korean marts I preferred to get some of the ingredients there such as sesame seeds and chili powder to make sure its “authentic” and then the rest was bought at the grocery store. I think my cooking took 3 hours since I have to make sure that the beef is well cooked.



I’m not a good photographer, this might not be a good shot but I’m so proud of this dish. My partner kept on telling me that it’s the greatest dish that he has eaten and he was able to “consume” three bowls of the stew. Take note every bowl has 3 pieces of meet servings haha!


The next day after our breakfast we went out to watch o movie and spend quality time together as we don’t see each other often. It was getting late and he kept on asking on what was for dinner and kept on insisting to cook same dish that I have cooked the other night. But I decided to cook adobo and take note I had to replace some ingredients to make it special. Instead of regular vinegar I used balsamic vinegar and added chili powder and sesame seed to make it looked like a Korean dish and it ended up looking same as the beef stew :D






I had a good time cooking these dishes, I had put a lot of effort and turns out it tasted good. I felt good seeing that I made somebody smile and feel well loved by my cooking. As of the moment I’m still learning other dishes that can make other people stuffed and satisfied :D

0 comments: